07 January 2009

Mommy Have You Gone Bananas?

Cavendish Bananas

If you're not sure of which bananas to use, I tried Cavendish bananas (pisang montel) and they worked fine for homemade baby food.

Used the same technique as I do, but this time was just steaming. I remembered how much I love my mom's lempeng pisang (banana pancakes) so hopefully this is a good start for Sya.

Photobucket

Its simple, cut the bananas into small pieces, place them in the your steamer container (mine is china bowls coz they are hear resistant) and steam them until soft. Place is grinder or food mixer, adding a bit of boiling water to the desired consistency.

I strain them because bananas do contain seeds, so just to make the purees free of any particles.

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...